Enjoy this recipe for a cold pasta salad during the heat of summer.
When the heat of summer finally comes, my meal choices get a bit lighter, and where summer meals are concerned, this is one of my favorites. This salad helps to capture the flavors of a backyard garden by incorporating ripe tomatoes and fresh basil. Lastly, to make it a bit more filling, feel free to add some grilled chicken breast!
What you'll need:
- 12 ounces favorite pasta (I recommend bowtie, rotelle or penne)
- 2 lbs of multicolored tomatoes (I used the small pre-packaged tomatoes, but heirloom will also work)
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil (plus a little extra to garnish)
- 4 oz chopped fresh mozzarella (1/2 large mozzarella ball)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan (plus extra for topping)
- Salt and pepper to taste