This is my Mother's easy lasagna recipe. For those of you who don't know my Mom, she doesn't consider herself to be a cook. So, if she's got a go-to recipe, you know it's easy to prepare, cook, and clean-up. The beauty of this recipe is that you don't need to pre-cook the lasagna noodles. Just throw them in all crunchy, and after one hour, viola! Soft yummy noodles in the lasagna!
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1 clove garlic
32 ounces omato sauce
1 package lasagna noodles
2 cups ricotta
1/2 cups parmesean
1 tbsp parsley
3 cups mozzarella and cheddar combined
1) Heat oven to 375
2) Brown meat in skillet with onion and garlic
3) Combine ricotta and parsley (when dealing with the ricotta, it's easiest to just use your hands)
4) In a deep pan start layers from the bottom up. sauce --> noodles --> ricotta -->beef --> cheese --> sauce --> noodles --> ricotta --> beef --> sauce --> cheese
5) Cover tightly with aluminum foil
6) Bake at 375 for one hour.
7) Serve with garlic bread using garlic butter recipe
EZ lasagna.... call it something else if you'd like but please don't use it's Italian name. No self repecting Italian would EVER use cheddar cheese. It's almost as bad as Paula Deen using cottage cheese for ricotta.ReplyDelete
Well, I never said that I was a self respecting Italian. Portuguese actually. So, unless you wanna a steak with a fried egg on top, most of my culniary expertise is brought in from other cultures. :)ReplyDelete
As for the lasagna it is darn delicious, so don't knock it till you try it. Also, since my Mom calls it a lasagna, the name stays. And if you want to talk to my mom about changing the name -- Good luck, you'll need it!