Today is the first day of Spring, and I can think of no better way to welcome spring than to light some charcoal in the barbecue and start grilling. Over the years, I've played with hamburger recipes, and this is my favorite. Sure, you could buy some pre-made patties at the store and slap them on the grill, but you're not taking full advantage of what you could be eating between those buns. After all, how many times do you get to put butter INTO the meat you cook??
So, as a public service, I offer the following recipe. :) Happy Grilling!
1 lb of hamburger meat
1/4 Teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/4 Teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 Teaspoon onion salt
4 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
3 slices of butter
1) Place meat into large bowl
2) Add pepper, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion salt
3) Thoroughly mix with hands
4) And Worcestershire Sauce, and mix again
5) Roll into three equal size balls
6) Make a hole 3/4 of way into burger with a finger
7) Place butter into hole, and press meat into burger patty, closing hole.
8) Place onto grill and cook to desired temperature, turning infrequently
9) Place cooked patties onto toasted and buttered buns, serve with favorite condiments.