On a coldish and rainy day like today, I can think of nothing better than a heaping bowl of pasta with a delicious homemade sauce topped with lots of parmesean. Below is a recipe for a bolognese sauce. Once all the ingredients are added, you should let it simmer for about 1.5 hours. However, if your spouse or guests are late, you can cook it longer.
This is one of my favorite recipes. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion (minced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 large carrots (minced)
4 ribs of celery (minced)
1 pound of beef
1.5 cups whole milk
1.25 cups dry white wine
1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 container of good parmesean cheese
1) Melt butter in large pot or skillet over medium-high heat
2) Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and salt to taste
3) Cook until vegetables are softened. (About 5 mins)
4) Add beef, and break up-meat. Stirring occasionally until done
5) Add milk, and simmer until milk evaporates (about 15 mins)
6) Add wine, and simmer until wine evaporates (about 15 mins)
7) Stir in entire can of tomatoes (including juice)
8) Reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 1.5 hours - 2 hours
9) Before serving add cream, and stir in
10) Serve over pasta, and top with lots of parmesean cheese.