It's amazingly simple. Take two steaks and cook them. While they're grilling, cook some peppers and onions in a skillet. Once the steak is done, top it with the peppers and onions. TADA! Quick, easy, and REALLY REALLY good.
Ya know, sometimes it's the simple dishes that really knock my socks off!
1/4 tsp oregano4 Rib-eye steaks or Filet Mignon
1/2 seeded red pepper
1/2 seeded yellow pepper
1 seeded serrano pepper
1/2 white or yellow onion
Salt and Pepper
1) Give a generous sprinkle of salt, pepper, and oregano to both sides of the steak.
2) In pre-heated cast-iron skillet (medium-high), add 1 tbsp olive oil
3) Sear the steak on all sides (about 2 mins per side)
4) Once the steak is seared, place in oven at 350 until desired done-ness (about 15-20 mins)
5) While the steak is cooking, slice peppers and onions, and place in skillet (medium heat) with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
6) Cook until slightly soft and onions and peppers are slightly caramelized.
7) Place fully cooked steak on plate, and top with peppers and onions. Serve with full-bodied red wine.